What happens when you drop a slinky (in slow motion?)
(CBS) - What happens when you drop a slinky? Seems like a simple question, but the magic of slow-motion shows us the surprising answer in this educational video. Skip to 00:40 for the slo-mo goodness, but stick around for the eye-opening explanation.
Who knew there was so much mystery to the humble slinky? Those of us who never could quite get them to roll down a flight of stairs are very impressed. Credit goes to Australian science blog Veritasium is responsible for this very cool video.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter