Dalai Lama offers spiritual and cooking advice on Australian "Master Chef"
(CBS) - There are many intimidating judges that one may face on a cooking show (the fiery Gordon Ramsay definitely comes to mind), but none could compare to a recent surprise guest on Monday's Australian edition of "Master Chef": the Dalai Lama!
The contestants and audience were all stunned when none other than the Dalai Lama himself suddenly appeared as a surprise guest judge for the July 18th show.
Luckily for the contestants their karma all stayed intact, as the Lama was very kind in his comments about the dishes. According to Reuters, he opined that, "As a Buddhist monk, it is not right to prefer this food or that food." The harshest critique levied was towards a contestant who served undercooked gnocchi, whom he said "tried their best." If only everyone could be so forgiving (especially of undercooked gnocchi).
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Two humorous moments that end with people soaked
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore