Botaoshi: The wacky Japanese sport of pole pull-down
(CBS) - What makes a sport? Competition. Athleticism. Sometimes a form of ball. This crazy scene has two out of three, so it qualifies. Introducing Botaoshi, the Japanese sport of "pole pull-down." Can the blue team pull down the white team's pole? See for yourself.
Go Blue! Aw, they were so close. It looks like a pretty intense game. The goal, if you hadn't guessed, is to pull down the opponent's pole within two or three minutes. No word on how the white team did when it was their turn to assault the pole, but we'll keep you posted.
A frenzied mob charging into the opposition, beating and clawing at their opponents with the ultimate goal of destruction of property. When's this coming state-side?
Just kidding, we'll stick with baseball and football, thanks.
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat