"Magnet boy" attracts metal to chest
(CBS/Reuters) A young boy in the town of Koprivnica, Croatia, is gaining worldwide attention for an unusual talent.
Six-year-old Ivan Stoiljkovic appears to be able to attract metal to his chest - including silverware, coins and even a frying pan.
His family says Ivan possesses extraordinary strength and even healing powers.
"We always felt he is a bit different," said Ivan Surlovic, the boy's grandfather.
"At 15 months of age he was rollerblading, he started walking at eight months. He was less then two years when he had already been driving a little motorcycle, and it was a bit weird," Surlovic said.
Ivan practices his magnetic skill every day, usually with his grandparents.
"It started as a joke," said Dragica Surlovic, Ivan's grandmother. "I said, let's try this and things just stuck to him. The heavier things actually stuck more strongly to him."
In total, his family says Ivan can carry up to 55 pounds of metal on his torso.
His family says that Ivan's power is strongest in the morning and when he is calm and focused.
His upper body appears to be more magnetic and his family says his wounds heal very quickly and leave no scars.
Family members told Reuters that Ivan also has "healing hands" with which he alleviates his grandfather's stomach pains and has soothed the pain of a neighbor who hurt his leg in a tractor accident.
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- "Get Lucky" with two excellent Daft Punk covers
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Baby needs to potty at the worst possible time
- Cat plays game of "boop" and kitten fed by bottle
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Slacklines replace clotheslines and extreme cycling
- Paula Deen Hit in Face with Ham
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Chupacabra Found?
- Dog tricks that will turn any frown upside down
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away