Oregon State Legislature Rick Roll
(CBS) - Oregon state has solved the partisan divide in our country thanks to the healing powers of Rick Astley. The State House, comprised of thirty Democrats and thirty Republicans, came together for a hilarious Rick Roll. For those who've missed out on this internet meme, Rick Rolling is the art of using the lyrics from Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" in normal conversation. The video above is one of the greatest examples of this trend's absurd charm.
Democrat Jefferson Smith came up with the idea for this joke. The video was originally released on April 1st, but has only recently started making waves. Smith told NPR, "It's silly fun, it's a mild break from much of what we're seeing in national politics."
Funny enough, the Rick Roll has appeared on the national level. Anyone who missed out on this VIDEO during the 2008 campaign should take a look.
Rep. Smith emphasized in the interview - and in the video - that no tax dollars were used in the making of the clip.
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Chemistry into dubstep and music in the everyday
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Kate Upton gets asked to prom by boy on YouTube
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls