Man commits to 40 days of beer for Lent
(CBS/KCCI) Forty days of beer might sound like the ultimate frat party, but for one Iowan man it's a religious experience.
Newspaper editor J. Wilson plans to drink nothing but beer and water for six weeks as a Lenten sacrifice.
To the skeptical, Wilson says that his choice is not about getting drunk, but rather about connecting with Franciscan monks.
According to Wilson, history says that Franciscan monks sustained themselves on a special, carb-filled beer during Lent.
So, Wilson homebrewed the recipe and will have four pints each day - equaling 1,200 calories per day.
"It's not a cavalier silly stunt thing. I'm genuinely curious about the monks," Wilson said.
A doctor will be monitoring Wilson's health.
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Chupacabra Found?
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- A cappella Justin Timberlake cover by Pentatonix