Sarah White (PICTURES): Naked therapist explains unusual treatments
(CBS) - Having trouble talking about your feelings? Would it help if I took my clothes off?
That, in a nutshell, is "naked therapy," which 24-year-old Sarah White is promoting. She offers therapy sessions where patients are encouraged to reveal their feelings while she reveals her body. It's not likely a technique that the American Psychological Association endorses.
In any case, White is not a "licensed" therapist, subject to standards and laws of a practicing psychologist. In fact, after a quick visit at her website, it would be hard to decide whether she's an unlicensed therapist who models or a model who dabbles in therapy.
White's clients are overwhelmingly men. Shocker. Sessions are conducted via web-cam at $150 per hour.
"Power through arousal," is the basic idea behind naked therapy, according to White's site. The jay-bird shrink says she plans on pursuing a Ph.D. in therapy.
"The goal is to show patients I have nothing to hide, and to encourage them to be more honest, White explained in an interview with The Daily.
"For men in particular, seeing a naked woman can really help them focus."
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Watch stunning visuals mesh with a slick sound
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week