Prisoner's Daring Escape Attempt; Jumps Out of Moving Car
A suspect risked life and limb jumping out of a moving patrol car after being arrested on suspicion of burglary in Sandy, Utah.
KSL-TV reported that 20-year-old Nicholas Duffy was being driven to Salt Lake County Jail when he complained of feeling ill and said he was going to vomit.
An officer lowered a rear window and, minutes later, Duffy, whose hands were cuffed behind his back, unbuckled himself and climbed out the window. The vehicle was traveling at about 30 mph.
Utah police say Duffy was quickly taken back into custody and brought to a local hospital for injuries, including bloodied hands.
"Nobody wants to go to jail, but it's not worth losing your life over. He's very lucky he didn't hit his head," said Lieutenant Victor Quezada of the Sandy Police Department.
The troubled Duffy has $30,000 in outstanding warrants for his arrest.
For more stories that you just need to see go to CBSNews.com's video blog "The Feed."
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Chupacabra Found?