Obama's Not-So-Funny Joke
Politicians aren't really known for their comedic timing or one-liners. That's not to say they aren't funny, but a lot of the time it's not intended. Remember the term Bushisms?
In last night's State of the Union, which ran just over an hour, President Barack Obama delivered some quips, but one stood out as the joke of the night. And, although it didn't rate high on the laugh-o-meter, let's just say the president had a tough crowd.
Slate's John Dickerson writes that Obama's speech found its inspiration in corporate-speak and, well, the joke seems to have as well. Salmon and bureaucracy? Not so funny.
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera