Whale Jumping on Boat: Shocking Video, Photos You Can't Believe
(CBS) It's footage that you just can't believe even with both eyes wide open.
Off the coast of South Africa, a 40-ton whale flipped into the air and smashed the mast of a 33-foot boat.
"It's such a loud sound, when you hear those whales flapping their tails," the boat's owner Ralph Mothes said. "We were attracted by the sound."
Sailors on a neighboring boat managed to snap some stunning images of the huge sea mammal shooting out of the water, practically on top of the yacht. The next pictures show the destroyed mast of Mothes' yacht, which the whale snapped like a matchstick as it fell through the air.
Amazingly, nobody was hurt and the wrecked boat managed to keep floating. CBS News' "The Early Show" has the full story and amazing interview with Mothes and his wife.
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- Two humorous moments that end with people soaked