Donut burger serves up 1,500 calories
(CBS) What do you call breakfast and lunch combined? Meet the donut burger.
The latest fare at the New York State Fair - the Big Kahuna Donut Burger, as it's officially known - is a quarter pound burger sandwiched between a halved glazed donut and tricked out with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion.
"Two meals for the price of one," as the New York State Fair says on its website.
And in addition to being a bang for your buck, it also delivers a lot of calories - 1,500, to be exact. That's more than half the recommended daily calorie intake for most people.
New York's fair opens in Syracuse on August 25, where the Big Kahuna burger will be sold for between $5 and $6, the Associated Press reports.
Yum - or yuck? 21 freakish foods
Popular in Health
- Once obese dachshund gets surgery to remove excess skin
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger 10 Photos
- Scientists scratch the surface of itching's origins
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Feet come first when it comes to body parts with most fungi
- Cause of Alabama mystery illness cluster determined
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from 400-pound tiger
- How to get in shape for your wedding