Welcome to HealthPOP!
Do you like to marinade in the minutiae of every medical study that comes down the pike?
Neither do we! We're HealthPOP, where health meets popular culture.
Rest assured, we know our science. But we reject the notion that health news and advice have to be dull - or so science-y that you'd swear you were back in tenth-grade biology. We keep things lively by viewing the medical world with a jaundiced eye. Yes, we cover the latest findings. But we also keep an eye on - and introduce you to - all sorts of fascinating characters. Top medical innovators. Patients facing difficult health challenges. Celebrities facing their own medical crises (or offering to solve others'). Then there are the health insurers and the cynical games some play.
And we're not about to ignore the health policy wonks - so eager to impose their sensible and not-so-sensible ideas on how we should eat, drink, and otherwise conduct ourselves. Did someone say health police? We're the guys who watch THEM.
HealthPOP - where health meets popular culture.
See you online!
-the editors at HealthPOP
Popular in Health
- Teens guiltiest of underestimating calories in fast food
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger 10 Photos
- Consumer Reports 2013 sunscreen ratings: Which is tops?
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- How to get in shape for your wedding
- FDA: 7 infections linked to Tenn. compounding pharmacy
- Drinking sugary drinks daily linked to kidney stones
- Once obese dachshund gets surgery to remove excess skin