Valentine's Day Gift Ideas: 7 Totally Free Ways to Win Her Heart
(CBS) Looking for the best way to show your love this Valentine's Day?
You could go with the same-old, same-old candy or sexy underwear, but psychiatrists who specialize in intimacy say there are better - and less expensive - bets.
"Couples try to spice things up with sexy lingerie or exotic vacations, but the results are often short-lived at best or downright disappointing at worst," says Dr. Amir Levine, the co-author of "Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment." "And to top it all off, they spend a lot of hard-earned money in the process. With such high expectations from one event, it is no wonder we can't live up to the hopes and fantasies we created around them."
What gift ideas does Dr. Levine recommend? Click here to find out.
Popular in Health
- Shocking study: Math skills improved by electric stimulus
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets bionic hands
- Controversial update to psychiatry manual, DSM-5, arrives
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Handbags may contain more germs than average toilet flush
- Doctor: Gel manicures a potential skin cancer risk
- CDC: One in five U.S. kids has mental health disorder
- Depression may double stroke risk for middle-aged women