World's Fattest Mom, Donna Simpson, Eats 30,000-Calorie Christmas Feast
(CBS) Donna Simpson, a 600-pound New Jersey woman who holds the title for world's fattest mom, had a Christmas feast to remember.
According to the Daily Mail, the 42-year-old, single mother of two, packed away a 30,000 calorie mega-meal that took more than two hours to eat.
The menu included two 25-pound turkeys, two 15-pound glazed hams and 15 pounds of potatoes, according to the paper.
And that wasn't all.
Here's the full menu.
The dangers of morbid obesity are well known: heart damage, organ failure, breathing issues and, of course, the difficulties in moving around. But for Simpson, being big isn't all bad. In fact, she earns a living at it taking sexy pictures for a website that caters to men that love big women.
"I love eating and people love watching me eat," she told the Daily Mail and said men send her protein shakes in the mail to fatten her up.
Earlier this year, CBSNews.com profiled Simpson when she said she wanted to gain enough wait to weight half a ton. After criticism, she later backed away from that goal, but never backed away from her body size.
"I like being fat," she told WCBS in New York. "I guess I'm just comfortable. It's a struggle for me to be thin, and I've said if it's such a struggle it must not be natural, so I refuse to do the battle anymore."
Popular in Health
- Jury: Doctor not liable for patient's 8-month erection
- Sibling bullying may be just as damaging to mental health
- Eating red meat may boost Type 2 diabetes risk
- Japanese "eyeball licking" trend carries blindness risk
- Scientists grow new organs on scaffolding 12 Photos
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Mayo Clinic: Teens in pain should not use marijuana
- Scientists growing livers, kidneys, ears in labs