TSA Airport Scanners: Radiation Truths and Lies
(CBS) Is the government keeping the truth about radiation risks from unsuspecting passengers forced to go through the new "backscatter" scanners at our nation's airports?
Certainly, many Americans think the TSA isn't shooting straight.
So, CBS News asked leading radiation safety experts from MIT and the respected Health Physics Society for the real scoop on radiation levels on not just airport scanners but 12 other every day radiation sources, many of which you probably never thought about.
How much radiation comes from drinking a glass of water or spooning with your spouse?
You might be surprised at the answers.
Popular in Health
- "Clouds" singer known for viral hit dies from osteosarcoma
- Mysterious respiratory disease infects 7 in Ala., 2 dead
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Molecule may be able to block cocaine addiction
- Emergency face transplant successfully performed in Poland
- Disney pulls show that makes fun of gluten-free child
- Miami face-chewing victim still recovering one year later
- Experimental asthma drug helps untreatable patients in study