Google Street View Pushes Man to Lose 100 Pounds
(CBS) A British man searching for a way to lose weight, finally found inspiration when he saw a Google Street View image of his own enormous belly jutting out of his jeans.
Bob Mewse, 56, was so horrified he pushed himself to lose 98 pounds. That's according to the Daily Mail."I'd been thinking about losing weight for some time but after seeing that picture, I knew that I actually had to do something about it," he said, according to the British paper. "I was in such bad condition that I was unable to walk and talk at the same time."
Not anymore. Mewse is now 196 pounds and the former sweet lover says his blood pressure is finally in check.
How did he do it?
According to the Daily Mail, Mewse didn't Google any secret diet plan. He joined a gym, got a trainer and cut out the sugar laden and fat rich foods he favored.
"If I can do this, anybody can," he told the Daily Mail. "I'm just an ordinary bloke. I feel much healthier now."
Popular in Health
- Health risks remain for Okla. tornado responders, victims
- Disney pulls show that makes fun of gluten-free child
- Environmental Working Group's top sunscreens for 2013 12 Photos
- Which sunscreens are recommended for 2013?
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Bed sharing may increase risk of SIDS by five times
- Ketamine shown to help fight treatment-resistant depression
- Handbags may contain more germs than average toilet flush