Yom Kippur: 10 Foods We Can't Wait to Eat
(CBS) For observant Jews, it's that time of year again.
Yom Kippur, the day of atonement and the day where you have to go at least 24 hours without food and drink. Already, your belly is not happy with you. It's grumbling, pleading - why God why.
According to tradition, God has a pretty good reason. This is the time of year when each Jew's fate is sealed in the Book of Life. Jews use this time for soul searching and asking God and their fellow humans for forgiveness for their sins.
But once it's over, let the bagel and schmear begin.
So, to our Jewish readers, we wish you a quick and healthy fast. And just to make it a little harder, here are 10 mouth-watering holiday dishes we are already getting hungry for.
Popular in Health
- A test for throat cancer caused by HPV?
- Scientists grow new organs on scaffolding 12 Photos
- Facebook organ donor status option upped number of donors
- Eating red meat may boost Type 2 diabetes risk
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Deep vein thrombosis: Don't ignore these silent symptoms
- Jury: Doctor not liable for patient's 8-month erection
- Japanese "eyeball licking" trend carries blindness risk