Jamie Eason Pictures: Fitness Model on Top After Beating Cancer
After a few entry-level office jobs following college, Eason went to work for her family's roofing company in Texas. But being chained to a desk was not for her, she realized.
While managing a crew of roofers, she tried out to become a cheerleader for the Houston Texans - and got the job. Life was going great.
Great, that is, until she found a suspicious lump in her breast.
It turned out to be cancer. She had a lumpectomy, and eventually all was well. Except that she had missed so many practices that she had to quit the cheer leading squad and had to take a job as a computer instructor.
Four years later, she realized that she was what she calls "skinny fat."
"I was soft and flabby," she tells CBS News. "I had cellulite. I drank Dr. Pepper and ate Goldfish and fast food almost every day."
It was her wake-up call. She hired a personal trainer and visited a nutritionist, and the new and improved Jamie Eason was born.
"Within a few disciplined months, my body began to transform," she says. "I felt physically fit and emotionally, I had a true sense of accomplishment and well-being."
She won the first fitness competition that she entered, and since then has graced the covers of countless magazines including Oxygen, Muscle & Development, and Fitness.
"I realized I had found a path for my life," she says.
Popular in Health
- "Clouds" singer known for viral hit dies from osteosarcoma
- Mysterious respiratory disease infects 7 in Ala., 2 dead
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Molecule may be able to block cocaine addiction
- Almost all states seeing big drop in teen birth rates
- Disney pulls show that makes fun of gluten-free child
- Migraines plus depression may equal smaller brain
- Experimental asthma drug helps untreatable patients in study