Pregnant Man, Baby 3: Thomas Beatie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
(CBS) The first man to have a baby is at it again.
Thomas Beatie has given birth to his third child, according to RadarOnline.
The Oregon dad - born female and now a male after gender reassignment surgery - gave birth to his second son last week, according to the site.
"He's got light brown hair and blue eyes," a source close to the family said, according to RadarOnline. "He's very handsome and adorable, and he's big and healthy."
Beatie first made headlines in 2008, when he announced that he was pregnant. He gave birth to a girl, Susan, that summer and a boy, Austin, a year later.
Beatie, a small businessman, underwent surgery more than a decade ago. Like many "transmen," he chose to have chest surgery but not what's called "bottom surgery."
His wife Nancy was unable to bear children because she had undergone a hysterectomy, so Beatie held onto his internal reproductive organs as well.
Doctors weren't sure whether a transgendered man like Beatie, who had taken testosterone for at least 10 years, would be able to bear a healthy child.
Beatie seems to have answered that question - in triplicate.But he soon may not be such a rarity: The New York Post reports that a California man is expecting to give birth this month.
Popular in Health
- "Clouds" singer known for viral hit dies from osteosarcoma
- Miami face-chewing victim still recovering one year later
- Disney pulls show that makes fun of gluten-free child
- Bed sharing may increase risk of SIDS by five times
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Environmental Working Group's top sunscreens for 2013 12 Photos
- Medical factors add to urgency of tornado rescues
- Victoria's Secret will not make mastectomy bras