Lala Vasquez: How I Lost 15 Pounds for Carmelo Anthony Wedding
(CBS) This weekend former MTV host Lala Vasquez scored big by marrying NBA star Carmelo Anthony in a celebrity-filled event in New York City.
But the 31-year-old Brooklyn born beauty had to work hard to get in wedding shape, shedding two dress sizes and 15 pounds, according to Life & Style Magazine.
How did she do it?
Turns out she had a little help from gal pals Kim Kardashian and singer Ciara, who bought her personal training time with celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson.
"Kim and Ciara have incredible bodies, Vasquez told the magazine. "So I thought if he's the guy responsible for that then I need to get in there."
Vasquez's pre-wedding weight loss took eight weeks of "weight training, core work and cardio exercises and practicing portion control," according to Life & Style.
Now it's wedding cake time.
Vasquez and Anthony were married July 10. They have a 2-year-old son together. Their nuptials were filmed for an upcoming VH1 television series.
Popular in Health
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger 10 Photos
- Once obese dachshund gets surgery to remove excess skin
- Cause of Alabama mystery illness cluster determined
- Heartburn raises throat cancer risk but antacids may help
- Feet come first when it comes to body parts with most fungi
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from 400-pound tiger
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Airway made by 3D printer saves infant's life