Best U.S. cities for single moms to live
But we'd like to take a special look at single moms this Mother's Day. There are 9.9 million single mothers in the U.S., according to the 2010 Census. These parents face challenges many other moms and dads don't. Between managing work and home, financial commitments and extracurricular activities, a single parent's work - alone - is never done.
But, as real-estate company Zillow recently pointed out, certain cities - and 10 in particular - offer superior conditions for single moms. Zillow's study is based on a number of important factors for single moms, including Census Bureau data on women's annual earnings as a percentage of men's earnings and public education spending per student, FBI violent crime rates, and transportation (Walk Scores).
Check out where, according to Zillow, single moms fare best in the U.S. in our "Top 10 Best Places for Single Moms to Live" gallery.
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- Sara Moulton's Easy Dinner for Four, on a Budget
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Best Low-Tech Cell Phones Suitable for Seniors
- "CBS This Morning" debuts Monday Play Video
- Best Wheeled-Luggage for Your Budget
- Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams
- PickleBall Play Video