Amy Poehler: I frightened small children
(CBS News) Former "Saturday Night Live" star Amy Poehler knows how to get a laugh. She apparently knows how to get a cry, too - from toddlers.
Wednesday night, Poehler, now starring in TV's "Parks and Recreation," appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon with a story about how she loves to rip tape off a roll with her teeth to entertain her 2-and-a-half year-old son. She told her former "Saturday Night Live" co-star that she recently performed this bit on Skype for her son and other children. However, in the midst of this funny display, she accidentally pulled out a veneer.
This painful extraction made her scream on camera. The kids saw -- and heard -- it all and then started crying.
"There were like eight kids on Skype," Poehler recalled. "I was like, 'I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm fine.' And then I was like, 'How am I going to do Jimmy's show tomorrow?'"
Luckily, Poehler got the tooth fixed in time for the show. However, ever-the-entertainer, she turned her fears into a joke, saying that she'd planned to hide her teeth by pretending to be a coy actress on Fallon's broadcast. Watch the full video of her appearance here.
- Sword-Wielding Porn Star Falls Off Cliff Play Video
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Online Scam Targets Pet Lovers Play Video
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams
- Work-At-Home Scams Play Video
- Lorena Bobbitt, 15 Years Later
- Best Low-Tech Cell Phones Suitable for Seniors