Family: Let Boy Take Autism Service Dog to Class
The family of 6-year-old J.C. Bowen says the dog, a yellow retriever named Pepsi, helps the boy with issues related to his autism and seizures. The dog helps the child stay calm and knows what to do if he starts having a seizure. The family says the dog can catch J.C. if he starts to fall.
J.C.'s parents tried to get the dog added to his individualized education plan but says their request was denied.
An attorney for the district told the Naples Daily News he couldn't comment because the family and district are in the middle of a hearing that will resume next month.
What do you think? Should J.C. be permitted to bring the dog to class?
- Online Scam Targets Pet Lovers Play Video
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Work-At-Home Scams Play Video
- Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams
- Most of Forbes' most powerful women are moms
- Terms to Never Use in Your Resume
- Lorena Bobbitt, 15 Years Later