Palin Praises Obama '08 Speech--Kind Of
CBS News Political Producer Bonney Kapp reports:
"He gave a great speech this morn in Michigan - mentioned Alaska," she told aides, urging them to release a response to Obama's campaign speech on energy policy.
She also said she said she was "glad" Obama was "flippflopping" and added that Obama "Stole out (sic) Energy Rebate $1000 check idea, stole our TC-Alaska gasline talking I points, etc. So we need to take advantage of this a write a statement saying he's right on."
A staffer responded to Gov. Palin, saying they had hoped and expected Obama to "say something positive" about some of the work the state legislature had accomplished on Alaska's oil production. Obama didn't, even though some "folks" in Alaska had been working with the Obama campaign.
Palin's response: "He did say 'yay' to our gasline. Pretty cool. Wrong candidate."
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 436 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 95 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 61 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 197 Comments
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong"
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1195 Comments