Bachmann Taps Rollins to Run Campaign
Rollins, who was Mike Huckabee's national campaign director in the 2008 campaign, is an experienced political operative with a well-earned reputation for his tough tactics and willingness to play hardball. He's probably best known for running the 1984 Reagan-Bush reelection campaign, which Reagan won in a landslide.
Rollins will run a campaign that already has a number of experienced advisors on board, including Brett O'Donnell, who advised George W. Bush and John McCain and is considered the best debate coach in politics. Bachmann also has brought on Bob Heckman, who is prominent in the conservative movement.
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 256 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 133 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 362 Comments
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 422 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 72 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 357 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum