Mitt Romney gets in, and the race is on
Mitt Romney's announcement today that he's forming an exploratory committee may have caught some by surprise, but the timing is all about -- you guessed it -- money.
With President Obama poised to raise record amounts, Romney's camp realized it needed to start tapping into his network of supporters and raising money now, in the second quarter (which started April 1). They want this time to raise the kind of money the campaign is going to require.
Watch Romney's video below:
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 116 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 115 Comments
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 125 Comments
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen.
- Protester heckles Obama during counterterrorism speech Play Video
- Obama: America at a "crossroads" in fighting terrorism 102 Comments