Top 10 Things I Learned at the Sotomayor Hearings
1. Leahy is a huge fan of the Grateful Dead.
(AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
2. Graham thinks Al Qaeda operatives were watching the hearing.
3. Franken will liven up this and every other Committee upon which he serves.
4. Kyl is a better lawyer than Cornyn and Cornyn is a better lawyer than Sessions.
5. 20 percent of the Committee is made up of senators from Minnesota and Wisconsin.
6. Take the "over" on the number of years it'll be before there are cameras in the courtroom.
7. It will be a bloodbath if real balance of power on Court is at stake for one of these.
8. Linda Chavez is no Sonia Sotomayor.
9. As they ought to, deeds (rulings) count for more than words (speeches).
10. Coburn learns from his mistakes; no crossword puzzles from his chair this time.
More from Andrew Cohen: Sotomayor Confirmation a Done Deal
For all of Cohen's coverage of the Sotomayor hearings, click here
Andrew Cohen is CBS News' Chief Legal Analyst and Legal Editor. CourtWatch is his new blog with analysis and commentary on breaking legal news and events. For columns on legal issues before the beginning of this blog, click here. You can also follow him on Twitter.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 150 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities 77 Comments
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 259 Comments
- Next up for Obama: Major effort on climate change
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 82 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 598 Comments
- Michelle Obama and daughters tour Berlin Play Video
- IRS readying to pay $70M in employee bonuses, senator says