Melinda Dennehy's Naked Pictures Popular with High School Students, Not With Police
LONDONDERRY, N.H. (CBS/WBZ) Perhaps New Hampshire high school teacher Melinda Dennehy missed the orientation session when they explained that sending your naked photos to a student is sort of a bad idea.
Police say the 41-year-old English teacher sent four sexy shots of herself to a 15-year-old male student at Londonderry High School. The student, it seems, thought that was pretty nifty. Police say he forwarded the images to his friends.
According to police documents, the pictures were sent two months ago. Investigators say they obtained a copy of one of the photos and co-workers identified Dennehy.
The teen told police that Dennehy had "continuously sent him text messages," some of which were sexually explicit. He also claimed that she "kissed him twice on two separate occasions" in a classroom at school.
Dennehy, of Hampstead, turned herself in to Londonderry police Friday. She is charged with one felony count of indecent exposure. Hampstead is 30 miles northwest from Concord.
The mother of two has since been freed on bail, but was ordered to stay away from anyone under 16. Police do not know of any other victims.
Dennehy will be arraigned in Derry District Court April 30.
PICTURES: Notorious Teacher Sex Scandals
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty