Enquirer: John Edwards Indictment Imminent...Proof that Things Can Always Get Worse
Photo: John Edwards and Rielle Hunter
Edwards has been mired in scandal since his affair with campaign staffer Rielle Hunter became public in 2008. According to the Enquirer, the grand jury's charges stem from that relationship.
At issue, according to the Enquirer, is whether there were "possible campaign violations related to paying his mistress Rielle Hunter," who produced some short videos for the Edwards campaign in 2008.
More recently, Hunter has been fighting in court with Andrew Young, a former Edwards aide, over a videotape purportedly showing her and Edwards in a sexual encounter. That video has been turned over to the court and placed under seal.
The National Enquirer, a tabloid, is credited with breaking the news that Edwards had a child with Hunter. Edwards only admitted to being the child's father last month.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan