Enquirer: John Edwards Indictment Imminent...Proof that Things Can Always Get Worse
Photo: John Edwards and Rielle Hunter
Edwards has been mired in scandal since his affair with campaign staffer Rielle Hunter became public in 2008. According to the Enquirer, the grand jury's charges stem from that relationship.
At issue, according to the Enquirer, is whether there were "possible campaign violations related to paying his mistress Rielle Hunter," who produced some short videos for the Edwards campaign in 2008.
More recently, Hunter has been fighting in court with Andrew Young, a former Edwards aide, over a videotape purportedly showing her and Edwards in a sexual encounter. That video has been turned over to the court and placed under seal.
The National Enquirer, a tabloid, is credited with breaking the news that Edwards had a child with Hunter. Edwards only admitted to being the child's father last month.
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, released from prison
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Calif. teacher accused of killing wife arrested after search
- Embattled ex-Elmo puppeteer wins 3 Daytime Emmys
- Calif. school district wins $2.6M in "false rape" case
- Medical examiner resigns after 3 die in same hotel room
- Joseph Naso, 79, on trial in "Double Initial" murders
- Report: Weekend violence leaves 7 dead, 46 shot in Chicago
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Jimmy Hoffa search focuses on field in Detroit suburb
- Funeral held for Md. girl who police say was raped, killed
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Court revisits disputed 911 call in Zimmerman trial