Nevada Governor Gibbons Says He Hasn't Had Sex in 15 Years, Especially Not With That Playboy Model
Photo: Governor Jim Gibbons
CBS affiliate KLAS-TV reports that Gibbons was recently deposed regarding allegations of an assault that occurred in 2006. The federal civil suit was brought by Chrissy Mazzeo, a cocktail waitress who says that Gibbons assaulted and groped her in a parking lot after spending hours drinking at a Las Vegas restaurant.
The alleged assault never resulted in any criminal charges, but on February 5 of this year, the governor was deposed for four hours by Mazzeo's attorney, Bob Kossack. During the deposition, Gibbons claimed that he hasn't been sexually intimate with any woman since 1995, and that he's "living proof that you can survive without sex for that long."
Two of the women Gibbons says he hasn't been intimate with are Kathy Karrasch, a married woman with whom the governor exchanged hundreds of late night text messages, and Leslie Durant, a former Playboy model who accompanied Gibbons to a rodeo in Reno.
In addition to the text messages, KLAS-TV reports that Karrasch and Gibbons were recently in Washington, DC together at the National Governors' Association conference. Other things the Governor denied during the deposition: he didn't play footsie with Chrissy Mazzeo on the night of the alleged assault, because he was wearing cowboy boots, and he didn't tell her any raunchy jokes, because he isn't a good joke teller.
KLAS-TV reports that when the assault allegations surfaced in 2006, Gibbons was running for governor. He called a press conference with his wife, Dawn, where he denied the assault allegations and described himself as a happily married man.
Kossack and Mazzeo claim that Gibbons has been as untruthful about his personal life as he has been about the alleged assault. That's because, in addition to the lack of intimacy Gibbons admitted to, Gibbons filed for divorce from his wife in 2008.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial