Nevada Governor Gibbons Says He Hasn't Had Sex in 15 Years, Especially Not With That Playboy Model
Photo: Governor Jim Gibbons
CBS affiliate KLAS-TV reports that Gibbons was recently deposed regarding allegations of an assault that occurred in 2006. The federal civil suit was brought by Chrissy Mazzeo, a cocktail waitress who says that Gibbons assaulted and groped her in a parking lot after spending hours drinking at a Las Vegas restaurant.
The alleged assault never resulted in any criminal charges, but on February 5 of this year, the governor was deposed for four hours by Mazzeo's attorney, Bob Kossack. During the deposition, Gibbons claimed that he hasn't been sexually intimate with any woman since 1995, and that he's "living proof that you can survive without sex for that long."
Two of the women Gibbons says he hasn't been intimate with are Kathy Karrasch, a married woman with whom the governor exchanged hundreds of late night text messages, and Leslie Durant, a former Playboy model who accompanied Gibbons to a rodeo in Reno.
In addition to the text messages, KLAS-TV reports that Karrasch and Gibbons were recently in Washington, DC together at the National Governors' Association conference. Other things the Governor denied during the deposition: he didn't play footsie with Chrissy Mazzeo on the night of the alleged assault, because he was wearing cowboy boots, and he didn't tell her any raunchy jokes, because he isn't a good joke teller.
KLAS-TV reports that when the assault allegations surfaced in 2006, Gibbons was running for governor. He called a press conference with his wife, Dawn, where he denied the assault allegations and described himself as a happily married man.
Kossack and Mazzeo claim that Gibbons has been as untruthful about his personal life as he has been about the alleged assault. That's because, in addition to the lack of intimacy Gibbons admitted to, Gibbons filed for divorce from his wife in 2008.
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call