Crystal Mangum, Stripper Who Falsely Accused Duke Lacrosse Players, Charged with Attempted Murder
Photo: Crystal Gale Mangum mug shot.
North Carolina police responding to a domestic violence call found Mangum and her boyfriend Milton Walker, 33, fighting. Mangum scratched, punched and threw objects at Walker and told him, "I'm going to stab you, (expletive)!" according to police documents obtained by CBS affiliate WRAL.
Photo: Reade Seligmann, David Evans, and Collin Finnerty were falsely accused of raping Mangum in 2006.
Police also said Mangum went into the bathroom and set some clothes on fire.
Three kids were in the house but no one was hurt.
The full list of charges against Mangum include attempted murder, arson, assault and battery, identity theft, communicating threats, damage to property, resisting an officer and child endangerment, according to Durham County jail records.
In 2006, Mangum, then a North Carolina Central University student earning money as a stripper, said that three Duke lacrosse players raped her during a party. Those allegations were eventually found to be false. The prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was disbarred for pushing the case too far too fast and served a day in jail for contempt.
Mangum went on to write a book, "Last Dance for Grace."
Perhaps the dance isn't over quite yet.
60 Minutes: The Duke Case
For More on This Story Visit WRAL
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case