LaMichael James, Oregon Ducks Running Back, Arrested for Menacing, Strangulation, Assault
Photo: La Michael James, running back of the Oregon Ducks.
The 20-year-old was taken into custody and put in the Lane County Jail in Eugene on misdemeanor charges of menacing, strangulation and assault.
Springfield police said they were not ready to discuss details of the incident.
After the season opener, James stepped into the tailback role after another player was suspended. He wound up setting the Pac-10's freshman rushing mark last season with 1,546 yards.
According to the Oregon Ducks website, "few players have ever made the impact in their initial campaign at Oregon as the Pac-10's Offensive Freshman of the Year" as he has, by becoming the first freshmen ever to earn the team's "Most Outstanding Player" award.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan