Alec Baldwin, After Pill Scare, Feeling Good Enough to Tangle With Paparazzi
Photo: Alec Baldwin.
No one was hurt and no charges were filed on either side according to the New York Daily News.
This was the end of a very hectic day for the Emmy award-winning actor. Baldwin was taken to a hospital Thursday after his 14-year-old daughter called 911 saying he had threatened to commit suicide during an argument on the telephone, a law enforcement official told the New York Post.
Photo: Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep in "It's Complicated."
Baldwin's daughter, Ireland, told police that she panicked after her father said, "I'm tired of this. I'm going to take some pills. I'm going to end this," an official told The Associated Press.
But Baldwin spokesperson Matthew Hiltzik refuted that claim. He said the 51-year-old was released from the hospital in an hour and took no alcohol or pills.
"This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today," Hiltzik said in a statement.
"If there was a real problem or concern, he wouldn't have been released from a hospital within an hour," Hiltzik said later Thursday.
In 2008, Baldwin blamed a bitter custody battle with ex-wife Kim Basinger in part for the anger and frustration he was feeling when he berated their daughter in a phone message leaked earlier to the media. In the message, Baldwin called Ireland a "rude, thoughtless little pig." He was apparently upset that she had missed his phone call. Baldwin said he apologized to Ireland. He said the message was wrong and "horrified" him.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
February 11, 2010 - Alec Baldwin Hospital Shocker: Daughter Calls 911 After Overdose Scare, Says Paper
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home