Candi Holyfield, Evander Holyfield's Wife, Seeks Protection Against Champ for "Violent Act": Paper
Photo: Evander Holyfield.
According to the paper, in documents filed last week in Fayette County Superior Court, Candi Holyfield accused her 47-year-old husband of a violent act against her in the presence of the couple's two children.
Holyfield's publicist, Belinda Foster, said in an e-mail Wednesday night to the Associated Press that she'd spoken to both of them and that they remain "a strong married couple."
In a statement released by Foster, Candi said there were misunderstandings about what happened between her and her husband.
The Holyfields were married July 1, 2003.
Police did not immediately return a call to The Associated Press.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury