Fugitive Caught: Police Say Douglas Dishon Raped Boy, Buried Murdered Wife Under the House
Photo: Douglas Dishon.
Police say the 59-year-old Dishon fled to Mexico with his wife, Vicky, in 2005, to escape Arizona charges of molesting an 8-year-old boy, according to the Arizona Republic. The couple crossed the border after posting $300,000 cash against a $10 million bond, living under the presumed aliases of Cable Ben and Sonnie Waller.
Dishon was arrested early last month by Mexican authorities for allegedly killing his wife and burying her under their home at Playa del Carmen, about 45 miles south of Canc?n. When Mexican police saw Dishon's felony warrants back in the U.S., they turned him over to the U.S. Marshal's Office and extradited him back to Arizona.
Photo: Vicky Dishon.
In addition to the child molestation charges, Peoria and Yavapai County plan to work with the Arizona officials to pursue homicide charges in the death of Dishon's wife, according to the newspaper.
As of today, Dishon is back where he started… behind bars. But this time there is no bond to pay his way out.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home