John Edwards Sex Tape: Judge Orders Security to Take Video from Former Aide Andrew Young
Photo: John Edwards and Rielle Hunter in a Dec. 27, 2006 photo from the National Enquirer.
Superior Court Judge Abraham Penn Jones said that the Orange County, N.C. sheriff has appointed a security firm to help recover the alleged x-rated video and other items.
Photo: John Edwards and wife Elizabeth Edwards in 2007.
Former Edwards loyalist Andrew Young, who revealed the existence of the blue film in his recent book, "The Politician," said he has the original tape and copies stored in an Atlanta safety deposit box.
Hunter sued Young for invasion of privacy and sought the return of what she deemed a "very private and personal" video.
A judge agreed with her, found Young in contempt of court last week, and Monday ordered Young to "take the Officer with him into the vault to obtain the lock box…The Officer is to secure all items contained in the lock box in bags as is customary for evidence collection."
Photo: Rielle Hunter and daughter Aug. 6, 2009.
The officer is also to get a copy of the lock box access log, according to Jones' order. The officer also will accompany Young and his wife to their Orange County residence to collect other items, and another security officer has been appointed to copy photos from a laptop and then scrub the photo files from the computer.
Young says he has a tape that shows Edwards in a sexual encounter with a woman he assumes to be Hunter.
Young said in an affidavit, that one copy of the tape had been sent to the FBI.
Young has written a tell-all book describing the affair between Edwards and Hunter and the lengths the presidential hopeful went to, to hide the matter.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
January 29, 2010 - John Edwards' Mistress Rielle Hunter: I Want My Sex Tape Back!
January 25, 2010 - John Edwards Sex Tape? The Headline You Knew Was Coming
January 21, 2010 - John Edwards Latest News: Love Child, Yes; Stolen Dirty Diapers and Fake DNA, We'll See
September 21, 2009 - John Edwards Faces Grand Jury and Former Aide Over Love Affair Lies
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case