Leif Garrett Arrested: Former Teen Idol Busted for Controlled Substance (Photos)
Photo: Leif Garrett back in the happy '70s.
Garrett, who has appeared in three dozen films and once graced the covers of many a magazine, was reportedly busted by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department at a Metrolink station in downtown Los Angeles at around 11 a.m. on Monday, according to the celebrity site.
The troubled actor was placed behind bars and released Wednesday morning after posting bail, the site TMZ reported.
Garrett has been ordered to return to court on February 24.
Photo: Leif Garrett in Los Angeles Superior Court for a hearing Jan. 20, 2006.
This wasn't the first time Garrett has run into trouble with the transit system.
He was arrested on similar charges in 2006, when he was stopped for riding without a ticket.
The actor was found in possession of heroin and Quaaludes, and sentenced to a live-in drug rehab facility, which he left.
Photo: Leif Garrett on April 13, 2004 in Hollywood, California.
He was sentenced to 90 days in jail for the incident.
In 1979, just a few days before his 18th birthday, Garrett rear-ended another car while driving a Porsche, and leaving his best friend, Roland Winkler, a paraplegic.
Garrett has appeared in three dozen films, mostly in the 1970s and '80s, and has released 10 music albums.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles