John Edwards' Mistress Rielle Hunter: I Want My Sex Tape Back!
That's the message John Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter, has for the former presidential candidate's onetime aide Andrew Young, according to court documents obtained Friday.
Photo: John Edwards and Rielle Hunter in a Dec. 27, 2006 photo from the National Enquirer.
In his book out this week, Young describes viewing a sex tape that showed a naked Edwards and a woman he assumed was Hunter. Young says Hunter left the tape inside a "box of trash" at a house Edwards rented for her. He claimed the tape ribbon had been pulled out, but he was able to fix it.
Photo: John Edwards and wife Elizabeth Edwards in 2007.
Calling it a "very private and personal" videotape, Hunter was granted a temporary restraining order against Young in a North Carolina court, seeking the return of photos and videos, including one she says she made in 2006 while working for Edwards.
"In or about September 2006, using my video camera, I authored a personal video recording that depicted matters of a very private and personal nature," Hunter wrote in an affidavit filed Thursday. "In 2006, I was also having an intimate relationship with Edwards."
Photo: Rielle Hunter and daughter Aug. 6, 2009.
"The decision was made that the video be destroyed" in December 2006, Hunter wrote. She said she pulled out the tape from the cassette and stored it in a box with personal belongings.
Deputies in Orange County said in court documents filed Friday that they went to Young's home to try and recover the tapes and personal photographs of Hunter. After some discussion, Young's attorney told authorities that he could not immediately turn over the tape.
Along with winning the restraining order, Hunter filed a lawsuit against Young and his wife, seeking a jury trial and damages for invasion of privacy. Young's attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Edwards only recently admitted paternity of Hunter's daughter, who is now nearly 2. He and wife, Elizabeth, are now separated.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
January 25, 2010 - John Edwards Sex Tape? The Headline You Knew Was Coming
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home