2-Year-Old Toddler Tested Positive for Meth; "Mom of the Year" Heather Roe Arrested
Photo: Heather M. Roe charged with neglect of a dependent.
The 25-year-old mother is charged with felony neglect of a dependent, Kokomo police told CBS News' Crimesider.
According to Indiana station WRTV, when police were called to the home to check on the welfare of the girl Roe told them her daughter accidentally drank from a cup containing the illegal substance, methamphetamine, which was left on the counter of the home she was visiting.
Roe tested positive for the drug at a local hospital and was taken into state custody, according to WRTV. She faces a charge of illegal possession of anhydrous ammonia, an ingredient used in the making of meth, in connection with a 2008 arrest.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life