2-Year-Old Toddler Tested Positive for Meth; "Mom of the Year" Heather Roe Arrested
Photo: Heather M. Roe charged with neglect of a dependent.
The 25-year-old mother is charged with felony neglect of a dependent, Kokomo police told CBS News' Crimesider.
According to Indiana station WRTV, when police were called to the home to check on the welfare of the girl Roe told them her daughter accidentally drank from a cup containing the illegal substance, methamphetamine, which was left on the counter of the home she was visiting.
Roe tested positive for the drug at a local hospital and was taken into state custody, according to WRTV. She faces a charge of illegal possession of anhydrous ammonia, an ingredient used in the making of meth, in connection with a 2008 arrest.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple