Gary Coleman Makes Bail, But How? Clue: Think Genitals
Photo: Gary Coleman, of the television series "Diff'rent Strokes," appears on NBC's "Today" Show in New York in 2008.
Producers of the movie "Midgets vs. Mascots" bailed Coleman out based on an understanding that they can use a shot of his genitals in the film, according to E! Online.
"Midgets vs. Mascots" is a straight-to-DVD "mockumentary" about a competition between midgets and mascots for $1 million, said E!, which reports Coleman says the shot of his genitals was being used in the film without his permission. It appears the producers and Coleman reached a "gentleman's agreement" -- if you can call it that -- to use the footage, after they bailed out the embattled actor.
A statement was issued on the "mockumentary's" website Midgets vs Mascots, saying "We have no plans to remove that particular scene from the film. We met with Gary this morning and he is aware of our decision."
E! reported producers Brad Keller and Joey Stewart "agreed to bail out Mr. Coleman as an olive branch and to avoid any potential litigation." Coleman wanted the producers to make it clear he was begrudgingly going along with the scene, reported E!
Coleman had been arrested after a "civil disturbance" was reported at his house, then jailed after for an outstanding warrant. The warrant was pertaining to a domestic violence charge filed against Coleman on Aug. 26, 2009.
MORE ON CRIMESIDER
January 25, 2010 - Gary Coleman Mugshot (Photo): "Diff'rent Strokes" Star Arrested for "Domestic Dispute," Says Paper
January 25, 2010 - Gary Coleman Arrested in Utah
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home