Kim Kardashian Gets Restraining Order Against Alleged "Joker Face" Stalker Dennis Shaun Bowman
Photo: Kim Kardashian arrives at the premiere of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" in June 2009.
Court papers claim Bowman told Kardashian he is interested in a romantic relationship and sends her numerous messages each day, saying they are in love and will get married.
"I am extremely frightened by Mr. Bowman because he appears to be obsessed with me and is extremely delusional," Kardashian, 29, wrote in a court filing.
Kardashian's attorneys obtained a stay-away order Tuesday against Bowman. The 26-year-old alleged stalker is not to contact her in any way, including Twitter.
Kardashian is a star of the reality show "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," which follows the escapades of Kardashian and her family. Her filings stated Bowman has repeatedly shown up at her appearances, often as the Joker from "Batman" covered in facepaint.
Bowman allegedly ignored cease-and-desist letters from her attorney and orders from the Los Angeles police to stop following her.
Her filings detailed a series of close encounters where Bowman tried to reach her at promotional appearances, some of which he heard about on Twitter. However, in some instances he arrived too late or was turned away by security.
Bowman did not immediately return an e-mail message seeking comment. Attempts to find a phone listing for him were unsuccessful.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse