John Caudle, 14, Kills Parents Over Chores, Say Colo. Police
Photo: John Caudle.
In an arrest affidavit, Caudle told investigators that on Oct. 26, 2009 he argued with his mother because he didn't want to do household chores like taking out the trash or cleaning his room. Then he said he went to a gun safe, removed two .22 caliber pistols and shot his mother dead.
Caudle said he then hid in a laundry room and shot his stepfather when he
walked past a short time later.
Family members found the bodies.
Photo: Tracy and Joanne Rinebarge.
After allegedly killing his parents, he spent the evening watching movies and playing on a computer.
The next morning, Caudle even drove his stepfather's truck to school, according to KUSA-TV.
His friends and teachers said that Caudle seemed "happy" the day after the murder, investigators said.
Authorities have charged Caudle as an adult in the slayings. He faces two counts of first-degree murder.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles