Montana Lance, 9, Found Hanged at Stewart's Creek Elementary School Near Dallas
Photo: Stewart's Creek Elementary School.
Police say the fourth-grader was found by school staff Thursday.
Lt. Darren Brockway said the boy "had reportedly hung himself in a bathroom" and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. Autopsy results are pending with the Tarrant County medical examiner's office.
Police in The Colony, about 20 miles north of Dallas, are investigating the circumstances of Montana Lance's death — but say they don't expect any criminal charges.
The school district confirmed the basics of the incident but declined further comment out of respect for the family's privacy.
The school is sending students home today with a letter about the incident.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home