Jeron Lewis Video: Southern Indiana Center Mysteriously Dies on Basketball Court
Southern Indiana spokesman Dan McDonnell says witnesses saw Lewis hit his head when he fell under the basket with about 4 minutes left in Thursday night's game. He was rushed to an Owensboro, Ky., hospital where he died about 10 p.m.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday morning. The school scheduled a news conference for Friday afternoon.
McDonnell says he isn't aware of any preexisting medical conditions that could have contributed to Lewis' collapse.
Lewis was from Fort Wayne, Ind., where he led the state in rebounding as a high school senior as a center. He is survived by his infant son, fiancee, mother and sister.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor