First Legal Male Prostitute: "Sex Pioneer" Markus Compares Himself to Rosa Parks (Really)
The Nye County, Nev. Liquor and Licensing Board gave permission for the male addition Tuesday, Jan. 5, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Photo: "Markus" of the "Shady Lady Ranch"
"Markus," a former United States Marine, believes he is uniquely qualified to serve, as he told Details Magazine before blazing a trail for all gigolo-kind.
He sees himself as a sort of civil rights crusader, and isn't shy about sharing his "wisdom" on everything from Rosa Parks to ugly women.
"It's just the same as when Rosa Parks decided to sit at the front (of the bus) instead of the back," he told Details. "She was proclaiming her rights as a disadvantaged, African-American older woman. And I'm doing the same...This actually isn't about selling my body. This is about changing social norms."
Markus also told Details he wasn't afraid to face down less than perfect customers.
"There's going to be times where there's an ugly woman—ugly physically—but there's going to be something inside of her that has to be released, and if I can release it through sexual activity or just conversation and companionship, that's what I have to do."
In the full article, Markus also dishes on how he would handle potential gay customers and how he see's himself as an equal opportunity kind of man.
The "Shady Lady Ranch" is about 150 miles from Las Vegas, near Death Valley. According to the Los Angeles Times, the brothel owner has gotten requests for gigolos, and says adding males to the "stable" could give business a boost.
READ MORE AT DETAILS MAGAZINE HERE>
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PROSTITUTION PIONEER "MARKUS"?
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing