Ronnie from MTV's "Jersey Shore" Was Arrested for Bar Fight
Photo: Ronnie Magro, "Jersey Shore" cast member.
Magro, 24, was arrested Sept. 4 for aggravated assault for "striking a man with a closed fist," according to the magazine. The incident, which was caught on film, will air in an upcoming "Jersey Shore" episode.
Magro told People he was walking home from a bar with fellow cast members Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola and Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi when a man disrespected his friends and made "racist" comments to several African American security guards. Magro also said that the man may have spat on him.
Photo: MTV "Jersey Shore" cast member Ronnie Magro in a fight.
"I really don't feel bad for the altercations that I did get into in Seaside because I'm really not a person who likes to fight," he told People. "He was just being a drunk jerk, saw the camera…[and] I think he chased us down like two blocks or something like that. At that point, you're like, 'What am I gonna do?"'
Magro spent a few hours in jail and paid $600 for bail, according to the magazine. He said he later got a letter in the mail saying the charges were dropped.
"I definitely felt out of place," Magro told People. "It's definitely a place I never want to go back to again. Definitely a lesson learned."
The Ocean County prosecutor's office told People the case is still being looked into.
On MTV's Jersey Shore "Meet the Cast" webpage, it states, "Ronnie might find himself in a brawl or two, but he is a lover who just wants to have a good time."
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty