Jayson Williams Crash Photos: NBA Star to Face Drunk Driving Charge
Photo: The NYPD said Jayson Williams was driving this black Mercedes-Benz SUV.
Police say Williams is expected to face drunken driving charges after his SUV struck a tree in Manhattan.
Williams suffered minor injuries and was taken to Bellevue Hospital. Police say it appeared Williams may have been drinking before the accident at 3:15 a.m. Tuesday on a northbound exit of FDR Drive.
Williams was in the passenger seat when officers arrived. But witnesses told police they saw him on the driver's side. Officers say no one else was in the car.
The name of his attorney was not immediately on record. Last month, lawyers in New Jersey asked to be removed from his defense against a reckless manslaughter charge stemming from a 2002 shooting.
Williams retired in 2000 after nine seasons with the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Nets.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home