Artie Lange in Hospital for Undisclosed Reasons; Howard Stern Sidekick Has Drug Abuse History
Photo: Artie Lange.
"We can confirm that Artie is in the hospital," Lange's camp said in a statement obtained by E!Online. "Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."
According to the site, Lange has been absent from "The Howard Stern Show" since early December and cancelled a New Year's Eve gig along with several other stand ups.
His website confirms all dates through February 12, 2010 have been called off.
The 42-year-old funny man has a well-publicized history of substance-abuse issues. In 2009, Lange made headlines for a DUI bust, a homophobic appearance in HBO's Joe Buck Live and the release of his comedy album, "Jack and Coke."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths