"Deadliest Catch" Star Joshua Tel Warner Arrested for String of Brazen Bank Heists
Photo: Bank robbery suspect Joshua Warner in a DMV photo.
Police in Eugene, Ore., said Dec. 31, that Warner was wanted for a series of bank robberies including an Oct. 19, 2007 hit on a Washington Mutual Bank, an April 3, 2009 grab at Pacific Continental Bank and another robbery at the same bank just three weeks later.
Photo: Surveillance video of Josh Warner, say police.
Just hours after holding a press conference about the robberies to say that they had issued a warrant for Warner's arrest, authorities said he was captured Thursday, Dec. 31 in East Peoria, Ill. The car he was in was pulled over for a routine traffic stop, they said.
Former crew members of the Discovery reality series, which follows the tough lives of king crab fisherman in Alaska, told Eugene police that Warner bragged to them that now that he was famous his past may come back to haunt him, according to CBS affiliate KVAL.
"I watched the show too," Det. Jeff Donaca of the Eugene Police Department said during a press conference. "I don't think you can end up on national TV, make a spectacle of yourself, and not end up getting caught for three bank robberies."
Photo: Surveillance video of Josh Warner and an unidentified accomplice, say police.
Police say they are currently pursuing an arrest warrant for a man they believe assisted him with the second Pacific Continental heist.
Warner is being held in the Tazewell County Jail on $30,000 bail.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen