Brian Bonsall, "Family Ties" Star, Arrested in Colorado
But Bonsall is starring in a new role today - jailbird.
Photo:(L-R) Michael Gross as Steven Keaton, Justine Bateman as Mallory Keaton, Meredith Baxter as Elyse Keaton, Brian Bonsall as Andrew Keaton, Tina Yothers as Jennifer Keaton, Michael J. Fox as Alex P. Keaton.
Police say the former cast member of the 1980s sitcom was arrested for "investigation of assault" in Colorado.
28-year-old Bonsall got into a fight at an apartment on Saturday and hit a friend with part of a broken wooden stool, police said Monday.
Photo: Brian Bonsall in Dec. 5, 2009 booking photo provided by the Boulder County, Colo. Police.
Bonsall allegedly told officers he had been drinking and didn't remember what happened.
VIDEO COURTESY OF CBS2
He is being held in the Boulder County Jail and was due in court Wednesday.
Authorities say Bonsall was sentenced to probation in 2007 for assaulting his girlfriend. He was later accused of probation violations.
"Family Ties" is a television sitcom that aired on NBC for seven seasons, from 1982 to 1989. The sitcom reflected the move in the United States from the cultural liberalism of the 1960s and 1970s to the conservatism of the 1980s.
This was particularly expressed through the relationship between Young Republican son Alex P. Keaton and his liberal former-hippie parents.
Bonsall was part of the "Family Ties" cast from 1986-1989, where he began filming at the age of 5.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says